• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Happy Puppy Dog P o r n Productions LTD presents the Tentacle Wagon Mk5 (98V40T4)

Lord Tentacle

Anime Lord
Happy Puppy Dog P0rn Productions LTD presents the Tentacle Wagon Mk5 (98V40T4)

1998 Volvo V40 T4 Auto

History
Purchased loccaly to me with 150k miles on the clock
Came with a very dead cylinder #2 and a dead drivers seat
Its exterior is less... then... perfect... but it will get love over the next few months
After paying for it and while putting it up on the trailer... I discovered that it has Koni Adjustables + lowering springs all round already :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
So the suspension san the one dead strut mount is already sorted

Plans
Stage Zero Zero
19T @ xx PSI to get 250WHP
65lb injectors
Intercooler upgrade
3.5" DP with 3" DP back aluminum exhaust
Tune
Stereo
LSD
Fix Body
Fix Drivers seat with racing seat

Suspension
Keep the Koni Adjustables and springs
More if required later

Wheels
Currently has the Volvo OEM BBS-esc 16-7's, I'm going to keep the rims, I'm just not sure on the colour
I would like to go with a S80 silver but the brakes are going to kill me with dust
My fall back plan is to use a satin/semi-gloss black which would hide the dust... but require me to keep ontop of the trim and keeping it black

Brakes
Its $250 for a Powerstop upgrade kit with cross drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads so for the time being and lacking any other easy options sans Evo3 gear it should be good enough

Some current shots before I started ripping it apart
DSC_0080_zpsb45a5357.jpg

DSC_0091_zps4dd3ea15.jpg

DSC_0084_zpsf964ac4e.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsf5d1944b.jpg

DSC_0082_zps500f149d.jpg

DSC_0079_zps69c48a7c.jpg

And the teardown then happened
DSC_0096_zps35907e37.jpg

Water pump is origional to the car as is the tensioner and roller....
The tensioner had also been totaly set incorectly by the last nitwit that worked on it
DSC_0098_zps84b9e468.jpg

Bores look really good for the miles on the car.... Squirters are wonderfull things
DSC_0099_zps00921777.jpg

Intake side of the head is really stupidly clean for some reason... I have questions over just how long the PCV has been clogged for....
DSC_0094_zps78f60f3a.jpg

One is not quite like the others
DSC_0093_zps093bca37.jpg

DSC_0092_zps31805275.jpg

So... I have a set of improved SS valves now comming to me via Knox Motorsports (Props to L)
I have an extra T6 motor sitting here and not doing much so I'm going to take the upgraded behive springs from it
I've not yet decided if I want to invest time and effort into porting the head, but I will at least spend some effort in cleaning up the casting flaws etc on it as well as polishing the bowl

Last edited:
Master order list for stage zero zero

HG Kit
Strut mounts front and rear
Gates racing belt w/ tensioners and rollers
New water pump
New coil packs and wires
New CLT sensor (was stolen for another car)
New copper spark plugs
Oil filter/oil/seafoam
20L of Mobil 1 syn ATF
New cooling system hoses + T-stat
New PCV system
New drivers side motor mount
New lower and upper front T-belt cover
New Valves
New filters on everything
Serpantine belt with tensioners

Last edited:
After recently driving an S40 NA manual I was very surprised and this build is what I would love it will be fun to drive!
Good luck wi the build!
Les.

I've never seen that extra metal enclosure thats bolted on top of the head on one over here in the US. Does anything mount onto that or is there extra stuff mounted inside of there besides the coils?

I rebuilt a 2.0T V40 here for my Dad he bought it with the same problem, no compression on one cylinder.
They are great engines but i have seen a few with this problem now.
Adam

I would say, seeing as power gains are in the future, that porting it would be a good plan. Don't go crazy, but porting it certainly wouldn't hurt, and while you've got the head off, you may as well, right?

No Pics, but a minor update

Head was dropped off at the machine shop today
Its getting dissasembled then acid washed, then bead blasted then shaved
Expecting it back in 10 days when most of the other bits show up

I also ordered the fist batch of bits for the car
-Head Gasket Kit
-Head bolts
-OEM Volvo Pink goo
-Tensioner
-Idler Pulley
-Engine mount
-Strut top bushing

I'm unsure of what colour to paint the head... but thinking hard about doing it in Purple

YAY
getting head back from head shop tomorrow

Also... went onto ebay and got a same year 2.0 NA S40 running for $300
Now going to also toss in the NA cams which are worlds better then the turblow cams supposedly
I get to pick it up on saturday and start stripping it

Back