• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Genuine Volvo 240 Struts Inserts are Rebranded Monroe?

The spark plugs i bought from the dealer were from France and the rad hoses were from Germany. So far so good. The packaging on the plugs looked old school, so i am guessing NOS. I just wish my local dealer stocked more common items for the 240, so i wouldn`t have to wait two days every time i order parts.

New OEM exhaust manifold nuts for redblocks are made in Taiwan nowadays, wouldn't be a surprise if there would be more similiar cases.

Hope the quality control works because if fasteners are made from inferior metal compounds it can have bad end results for example with suspension fasteners etc...

It's been posted before but I wonder about those Billy lookalikes from Estonia.Anyone try them?

How do we know what is genuine in the blue box? I'm paying too much for what should be OEM Volvo made in Sweden.

Aside from the cars themselves, very little on a Volvo is (or was ever) made in Sweden.

Not suprising since volvo is owned by chinese now

No need for a which hunt. Fasteners are made out of what they ought to be. Grade/class 8.8 or 10.9 means something. Some stuff comes out of the far East, but most of the genuine parts I've purchased have been made in Europe.

-Ryan

As long as your 240 is not lowered...If can't afford Konis or Billy HDs, try GABRIAL ULTRAS front & rear ULTRAS are cheap, stiff, and last pretty good for the $ spent, in my personal experience.
I have a set of rear used 1 year old ULTRAS shocks I'll sell you cheap. I removed them shortly after installed as I lowerd my 240.
Anything is better than Monroes, IMHO I've seen butter churns stiffer than Monroes.:lol:

Posted via Mobile Device That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Back