• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

got a bunch of gaskets from auntie IAN and uncle Eric

installed taillight and reflector gaskets. I need to get new taillight hold down screws since all of mine were rust and stripped

before
DB81C322-625F-4A24-80EA-9C14160BCE4F_zpsta7domug.jpg

old and new
3C5C3AC1-BFC6-4360-8E56-3C33304C0DB8_zps8e1kpm7a.jpg

after
695F2673-75F5-4D19-AE31-09B31CFE1EDD_zpsmvzejelv.jpg

Did your brakes break?

Have fun getting those rear drums off. Those rear hubs, lolcry.

I never remember the correct spelling... ever :oops:

It probably is the rear wheel cylinders. I didn't see any leaks from the front just looking under the car. According to the PO all that's been done already but car sat since 2002. The parts look new but they all fall apart internally - like the clutch slave - pedal went to the floor. Stating the obvious here

Hopefully the drums aren't stuck on ... dear Jesus

You need a HEFTY hub puller that bolts to the wheel studs.

It's not a matter of it being stuck (although that makes it worse), it's just intended to be on there incredibly tight. That large single nut just stretches the hub over the tapered axle shaft into an interference fit. You could probably take the nut off and drive around, not that I'd recommend it. But they're just on there that tight on purpose.

Check the master cylinder first. Plug the outlet and see if the pedal still goes down. Master cylinders that are weak may need to be "warmed up" before they fail.

If the drums need to come off, you'll need a puller. Don't try to use a puller that grabs the outside of the drum. You'll just bend it if you do. Use a puller that grabs the drum by the studs.

I make these pullers that I sell or rent.

RentalDrumPuller.jpg

Thanks guys. I should have something that will pull those off. I learned a long time ago not to use the pullers that grab the drums by their sides

Drove it to a dinner only 3 blocks away. Small car is small - didnt realize how tiny it was until I parked it next to some Merican cars
7dtDcXZ.jpg

Last edited:
combined my best seat parts for the driver side - Eventually I'll buy new upholstery

before
BnJCZPR.jpg

after
85qod0S.jpg

anyone (IAN or Eric?) know where to get these plastic bushings that go at these pivots ?

JDw0TCH.jpg

Last edited:
Back