• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Vent glass replacement- No glass available

Hey all.

Some dirtbag smashed my rear drivers vent glass on my 90 745 to steal the $5k worth of bikes in the back. The bikes are being covered by insurance, and so is the car, but there aren't any shops that can get this piece of glass.

Does anyone have any resources or glass on hand?

Ooooorrrr.... crush the damn car and move on because my vent glass isn't replaceable.

I could pull it from a car at pick n pull, but it seems the market has thinned incredibly for these cars- there is only one car i can get it from in a 50 mile radius, and who knows if the glass is even usable by the time I get there this weekend.

Help?

Thanks

The glass should be the same for 740/760/940/960/S90/V90 sedan and wagon -'98.

It's still available new for ~$75 and Jim Fisher Volvo in Portland OR shows they have one in stock.

What piece of glass? I got a 745 parts car. The rear hatch glass is gone on it already, the whole hatch is gone. The rear drivers side way back piece of glass in the cargo area is gone. Is that the piece you need? I can't think of what the vent glass is? Are you talking about that piece of glass that is in the rear door behind the glass that goes up and down? I got that I think. I should.

Simon

1989 Volvo 740

d31f8aaa-b1a3-4475-bfc3-40aac6c7df93.JPG

I'm really curious which pane is the "vent"

Phil sells some fancy opera "sail" rear windows sometimes 8) Not sure if those are the right ones though.

Back