• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HELP Any idea how to find a Nissen 65548A Radiator Petcock/Drain Plug???

Bready

board deviant
I love magnetic parts holders - they are one of the greatest inventions of all time and a gift to all of us who wrench on our vehicles.

The one draw back is that plastic parts aren't magnetic, so when you are pulling the steel wrench off of your magnetic parts holder and it accidentally flips the plastic radiator plug into the engine bay - never to be seen again even after hours or searching - you are ****ed. :doh:

That said - anyone have any idea what to do to replace the plug on the 65548A Nissen Radiator?

And Jack et al - any hijacking of this thread with wacky hijinx is not going to be recieved well, I am seriously not in the mood right now :rant:

First you need a hug :emo:

Second picture where it goes? I might have a few

Edit ... I see you posted drain....

Black one with round head with flat screwdriver notch ?

I had success with pressure washing or using garden hose to wash down engine bay for lost parts.... only on concrete slab...

**** always gets lost under/next to ecu box
- frame or under in front of battery tray on these cars

Last edited:
First you need a hug :emo:

Second picture where it goes? I might have a few

:)

Bottom drivers side. Plastic plug with a raised ridge on the top. Looks kind of like this:

Can you drive your c70 to my house ;)

I can mail Monday if I find it but that’s going to be 2? Days

Btw this happed to me also...... with the same plug

Last edited:
When I was installing those aftermarket nissens radiators on customer cars, the drain plugs were round with a slot in them and just a basic plug without the o-ring like in the picture you posted.

The drain plugs were really soft plastic and usually already partially stripped, we saw one blow out. I started drilling the hole slightly larger, tapping the hole, and just putting a bolt in them with a sealing washer so they wouldn't blow out. not sure if it would work if your plug was like the one pictured.

When I was installing those aftermarket nissens radiators on customer cars, the drain plugs were round with a slot in them and just a basic plug without the o-ring like in the picture you posted.

The drain plugs were really soft plastic and usually already partially stripped, we saw one blow out. I started drilling the hole slightly larger, tapping the hole, and just putting a bolt in them with a sealing washer so they wouldn't blow out. not sure if it would work if your plug was like the one pictured.

Appreciate the direction - this one seemed to be a "plug unplug" type of affair - though it may have just been stripped.

Tapping would probably work but I don't want to deal with pulling the whole freaking radiator/fan assembly out, and working under the car like that just sounds like a way to compound the problem.

Would JB weld or something similar work? Not like I actually need the freaking petcock I can always just pull off the radiator hose (like I used to before discovering the petcock today).

This reminds me... I had one strip out and since then i only drain by removing lower hose.
I tried jb welding mine but it leaked almost right away

10 years ago or so

So called Nissens today - there is customer service and then there is CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I probably bought the radiator 6 or 7 years ago. Person I spoke with said there were two different drain plugs for that model - I wasn't sure which was the right one so they are sending me both tomorrow free of charge (even paying for postage).

Guess which radiators I'm using for the rest of my life.

Back