• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Purple '97 960 Wagon Build Thread

words of advice, there is no reason to pull the complete dash to do a heater core...

words of advice, there is no reason to pull the complete dash to do a heater core...

Actually with a 960 there is. No other way to do it with these cars. Green book procedure is to pull the whole dash. If I didn't have to do it I wouldn't have. It wasn't hard anyway. Like I said, I wouldn't mind doing the job again. Pretty straight forward. Just time consuming.

Yes you are a dork.lol, but i like you any way. nice buuild thread might have to have you help me with my build thread (nice write up) cause I am a computer ret**d. And I love purple cars.
JERIC
73 142

I hope I get to see this car in that ikea parking lot on friday. obviously driving a minaual isn't a problem. I didn't realize we had so much in common (RWD Volvo ownership, modern volvo ownership, old british toy ownership, and approx the same age). I look forward to hanging out this weekend. I am STOKED. I'm driving down thurs afternoon/night. If an extra set of hands is needed to finish the M90-ing of this car, if it means I'm a lil late for carlisle I'll deal. Good luck with everything.

Actually with a 960 there is. No other way to do it with these cars. Green book procedure is to pull the whole dash. If I didn't have to do it I wouldn't have. It wasn't hard anyway. Like I said, I wouldn't mind doing the job again. Pretty straight forward. Just time consuming.

ok...youre gonna tell the guy that has done multiple 960 heater cores that...

ok...youre gonna tell the guy that has done multiple 960 heater cores that...

LOL. Okay, be a dick about it and not contribute anything constructive or informative to my thread. It's not like your execution or procedures would be beneficial to anyone or anything.

Besides, I like taking the dash out.
83856724.jpg

i've got a barney purple 97 V90 too!

I converted it to a six speed manual, and added a few HP while I was at it, actually quite a few. It now sports a LS1 and T56.

I don't have a build thread, but there a some pictures in a for sale thread here. just search for "Ultimate RWD wagon" or something like that.

mk

i've got a barney purple 97 V90 too!

I converted it to a six speed manual, and added a few HP while I was at it, actually quite a few. It now sports a LS1 and T56.

I don't have a build thread, but there a some pictures in a for sale thread here. just search for "Ultimate RWD wagon" or something like that.

mk

Dude, I've drooled over that for sale thread. If I could buy your car, I would in a split second. I don't have any money, though. You did a great job on that LS1 swap. Good **** for sure and I want it so bad... lol.

I love this purple color. It's like a stealth purple. No one can every guess what color it really is and it's helped get me out of tickets before. Volvo code 433. Blackberry!

My car now sports an M90 5 speed trans. Got the swap finished up at the end of May just before Carlisle. I love it. I'm going to put together a legit update on that project soon. It's so nice to be able to pick my own gears in my daily driver!

Argh! I need to update this! Have to get some current pictures first, though.

I love this car. Took it out drag racing the other day and took a full second off the stock time I set with it a few years ago. The M90 and the PC cams really helped. Ran a 16.4 at 84mph with lots of wheelspin off the line. With a proper launch and if I emptied the car out and took the roof racks off, I could easily get her into the 15s as she sits. With a set of drag radials, a chip, header, T6 injectors, exhaust and a good intake, I could see 14s. Add a 75 shot of nitrous... heh heh heh.

I will update this soon. I need to detail the M90 swap.

Nice to meet you guys last Friday! I really dig the car. Must be a blast to drive with the 5 speed.

Slight update to the OP. If I wasn't so tired and if I was less drunk (too many funerals this year...) I'd finish the update on the M90 swap; but alas, I am neither of those things currently. Maybe tomorrow. In the works currently: New exhaust system!!!

Just wanted to let you know that IPD's adjustable intermittant windsheild wiper relay for the 850, will work on your 960 and your mothers V90, if you were interested. I have done it on my '96 965. It took all of 5 minutes. Mark

Just wanted to let you know that IPD's adjustable intermittant windsheild wiper relay for the 850, will work on your 960 and your mothers V90, if you were interested. I have done it on my '96 965. It took all of 5 minutes. Mark

I always wondered that. I'm doing an order from IPD very soon. I'm ordering one!! I've ALWAYS wanted that feature. Thanks, man!

Pete.......i wanna see some updates......of header and t6 and mad banginness!!!!!!

T6 won't be until next year. Maybe Carlisle 2013. Exhaust and hopefully suspension by spring time. Wish I could make it to Matt's tonight!

was that a burnout? or a showoff video of how your hydraulic suspension works? haha

Cool, right? Custom right there. You have to let most of the oil out of your shocks. :-P

Back