• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Thor's Hammer Headlight Mod?

4UyOHWp.jpg

i dunno. i think with a few other mods it could look good.
it's a brick, it needs a bigger hammer.

I made it a reality on my T4 940

rsz_1.jpg

rsz_2.jpg

rsz_3.jpg

rsz_4.jpg

Phone camera is what it is so irl they are a lot sharper, because I designed them to distort as little as possible.

Sure

First I took some measurements of more or less accurate headlight dimensions, if someone finds it helpful, here you go.

1.jpg

Materials I used: Two sheets of polycarbonate, super glue, epoxy glue, led strips, some plastic cable cover piece and aluminum foil tape thats not on the picture.

2.jpg

I clamped the polycarbonate sheets together and cut out the "hammer" shape using a dremel and angle grinder. Then I sanded both sides of the panel to distort separate LEDs on the strips and make it light up evenly.

rsz_116574340_295797194995139_174950762192386700_n.jpg

3.jpg

I cut pieces from this cable cover rail and glued it together with epoxy, then mounted led strips on them. For led strips I used 600 lumen 6400 k strips, since 600 lumen is usually used for daytime running lights.

4.jpg

Then I temporarily glued 8mm nuts to the corners to have even distance from LEDs, this is important because if mounted too close, the LEDs will be too recognisable as separate dots and it wont have the desired effect. I cut out little pieces from the plastic cable cover and used them to make a frame using super glue. After it was glued, I reinforced them with epoxy.

6.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

After that I used aluminum foil tape to cover the whole DRL panel, sides and back so it will reflect more light inside and to ensure that no LED light will shine on headlight reflectors, ruining the effect and distorting it too much. I used epoxy to glue them to the reflectors, headlight should still be adjustable since it does not interfere with anything other than reflectors. On the last picture you see that I had to trim the reflector quite a bit. Also had to trim the mounting behind the reflector a little.

Last edited:
Back