• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

turbo choice on f+t 8 valve

I sold it last week. Thanks for the plug though.

OP, are you going to want more power in the future, or are you sure you only want 250-270? Also, how fixed are you on the 3k lower limit of your powerband?

I mean, I say that I'd be good at 250-270, but who knows. The plan is to be able to daily drive this car so I don't want it to get so race car that it's unreliable or not driveable around town.

Nothing is set in stone but I don't want something that doesn't make any boost until 5k. It's a f+t motor so it won't be a super dog off boost but I don't want an all or nothing set up.

This is done with a T04BV trim, .63 a/r turbine housing, ATP ultimate wastegate, stage III turbine wheel on a Dodge 2.2 8 valves with a big valves head, boost from min 7psi at 3.5k creeping slowly to 12.5psi at 6.5k (by accidental design and no boost creep issue once min boost is turned up) . T04E 50 trim wheel would be a more efficient wheel which means it will make even more power at the same boost level and wider powerband.

248whp.jpg

Top red line is boost.

248whpboost.jpg

it's a td04. even if it's a huge td04, it's still a tiny turbo that has been over-populized by fwd'ers that like tire spin and don't like making power. (oh and IT CAME ON EURO SPEC R's DAWG)

This is done with a T04BV trim, .63 a/r turbine housing, ATP ultimate wastegate, stage III turbine wheel on a Dodge 2.2 8 valves with a big valves head, boost from min 7psi at 3.5k creeping slowly to 12.5psi at 6.5k (by accidental design and no boost creep issue once min boost is turned up) . T04E 50 trim wheel would be a more efficient wheel which means it will make even more power at the same boost level and wider powerband.

248whp.jpg

Top red line is boost.

248whpboost.jpg

That's interesting info, thanks!

I mean, I say that I'd be good at 250-270, but who knows. The plan is to be able to daily drive this car so I don't want it to get so race car that it's unreliable or not driveable around town.

Nothing is set in stone but I don't want something that doesn't make any boost until 5k. It's a f+t motor so it won't be a super dog off boost but I don't want an all or nothing set up.

I daily drive my 8 valve with a efr 7670. You can make it as reliable as you want. But for your goals, I'd probably do a GT2860 or GT2871r. They're small and don't flow much air, but it sounds like it will do what you want. What engine management are you using?

I daily drive my 8 valve with a efr 7670. You can make it as reliable as you want. But for your goals, I'd probably do a GT2860 or GT2871r. They're small and don't flow much air, but it sounds like it will do what you want. What engine management are you using?

Micro.

PM Harlard, he has a turbo that he needs to sell.... definitely would fit your goals.

I've been happy with a 60/63 T3. Cheap option, low tech. Might make it till the power goal. Mine with Cosworth turbine housing is running 200-220 hp at low ish boost.

I'm living through this exact scenario right now. My car probably makes 250ish at 18 psi on a good day with the 19t. It's very quick given the 4.30 rear end and the lighter 142 chassis, but after a few months, it's not enough and I'm upgrading the turbo to a Borg Warner.

^yeah I think at the end of the day a 19t, while an easy "direct swap", is too small. Which bw turbo are you looking at?

S382 of course
(Kidding)

Didn't know Harald was selling his unit. That could be cool too. I didn't want to (openly) mention/suggest the... "budget" stuff as I've had insults lobbed my way in the past and I don't want your thread to turn into that.

^yeah I think at the end of the day a 19t, while an easy "direct swap", is too small. Which bw turbo are you looking at?

I got an s252 sx-e with a small .48 housing from AGP. Should spool pretty quick but get me to 300 whp. If for some reason it doesn't there are a bunch more turbine housing options.

I got an s252 sx-e with a small .48 housing from AGP. Should spool pretty quick but get me to 300 whp. If for some reason it doesn't there are a bunch more turbine housing options.

You should just order a bigger turbine housing now. I'll bet you get sick of the 0.48.

Back