• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 1990 Volvo 245 Wet Driver Side Mat

districtmotors

Hi, I have a 1990 Volvo 245 and something odd has been happening after rain. I open up my driver side door and the thermoplastic floor mat is wet. (This morning in particular there was a 1/2 inch of water as it rained all weekend.)

I thought I remedied this when I had a new windshield installed a few weeks back but it doesn't appear to be the case. I double checked the windshield and it looks solid. It's also worth noting that in the past it felt wet right around where the hood release latch was but that was not the case today.

Any thoughts from the board?

To clear the rocker drains of debris open the drivers door and remove the plastic threshold cover, pull back the carpet to expose the inner rocker then pull the plastic plugs and you will probably see debris. Clear the debris with a vacuum cleaner with a small diameter hose, reinstall the plugs and test for leaks by pouring water into the fresh air intake in front of the windshield.

If you find debris on the drivers side you should probably check the passenger side too.

Since I have the luxury of compressed air, I also blow air into the fresh air intake to push additional debris down into the inner rocker.

rocker02.jpg

Back