• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My New Used Turbo Volvo

+1 to drain issues at sail windows. The rust gets bad back there.

Uhhh.... I've owned 4 now. And none of them lost the headliner. One of them leaked in the moon roof. The least cared for didn't leak at all. It is a 91. They're not like a '****ty 700'.

And about the swaybar, I'm pretty sure 91s had a 24mm front sway stock. Or at least pretty sure mine has one.

They don't lose the headliner as bad as a 744, but just get one from somewhere warmer and the glue detaches.

They are like any other garbage 700 with more crap to break. Door cards that like do delaminate? Check. Flimsy glovebox door? Check. Nasty plastic in general plenty of places? check. Tons and tons of interior trim to break? Check. Sure, some stuff is better, but all the usual crap breaks, and they have those god awful power seats.
Moon roof leaks often, sail windows leak. I say have a parts car handy if you want to keep one nice. Probably cheaper to have a parts car anyway since the parts themselves are so silly expensive.

no no, he is correct. Bertones are like any other 700 full of ****ty interior plastic, nasty headliners, leaky moonroofs etc. Just now all that **** is rare and expensive ****. Great.
Such said, that is a great color, and the bertone is the one 700 I can look at and not feel sick.
The other good thing is that most bertones come in a few colors, so if I had to have one long term, I'd probably snag a somewhat banged up parts car the same color since the parts cost can be incredible.

Beware water drainage issues below those rear sail windows. Bertones have some rust issues in a few spots.

I believe we were talking about this on like tuesday eh james?

Great find man! i am definatly jealous... dont pull a typical tbricker and make it a hooptie that goes fast :p cuz those 780's, in that condition, are hard to come by

They don't lose the headliner as bad as a 744, but just get one from somewhere warmer and the glue detaches.

They are like any other garbage 700 with more crap to break. Door cards that like do delaminate? Check. Flimsy glovebox door? Check. Nasty plastic in general plenty of places? check. Tons and tons of interior trim to break? Check. Sure, some stuff is better, but all the usual crap breaks, and they have those god awful power seats.
Moon roof leaks often, sail windows leak. I say have a parts car handy if you want to keep one nice. Probably cheaper to have a parts car anyway since the parts themselves are so silly expensive.

:e-shrug:

Maybe I've just been lucky. The only '700' thing that went was a crack in the dash. But I think your 240s get that too ;-) . No leaky moonroof, no leaky sail window power seats both worked great non broken glovebox door.

230k on it when it was forcefully taken from me. So :-P

My new one just has the leaky sail windows because it wasn't taken care of.(Left in a puddle of mud for an extended period of time)

Its been a long time sense I updated this thread so I figure I will post some of the things that has been done.

Didn't do much to the car the rest of 2007, just change out the radio and did a tune up.

Some time in 2008, the +T would act up and would not control the waste gate.
Would normal do a max boost of this:
30-08-07_1742.jpg

And then sometimes it would do this and keep climbing:
07-09-07_1442.jpg

It would only do this once in a while but just to keep things from blowing up, I installed a MBC and set the boost to 15 psi.
It also developed a off the line cluck that I am still sorting out but I think I have it figured out.

Then it was time for SE7 so new tires, cleaned up the engine bay and installed some subs.
113-1.jpg

114-1.jpg

noname021.jpg

noname024.jpg

SE was a great time and I did run it down the track but I don't remember the times; then there was the dyno day. I was the only ready for the dyno so I was first on, I will let the picture tell the rest.
100.jpg

Yes it broke the dyno, maxing it out and somehow fried the dyno computer. :rofl:

2009 came around it it was time for some upgrades by the way of a NPR intercooler, 4 bar FPR, iPD T cam, and 3" turbo intake.
116-1.jpg

115-1.jpg

Will get the rest of the install pictures next update.
Now its ready for SE 7.5 or is it? :hahano:It broke the dyno again.:rofl2:
After this, the car mostly just sit under it's blanket(car cover) and drove when needed.

Its now 2010 and time for some more upgrades now that I have moved to a near location. I now have a 3" turbo back exhaust and chipped computer by the way of Ryan(780racer) and sense the Smurf project got crushed, I have a new T3/T4 turbo with a ported manifold ready to get installed.
I will post more when as the project moves forward.

Adam

Lol at the 2007 bump. And I'd still like to have a bertone. What turbo is on it now? You will like the t3/t4.

I original didn't plan to do this much to the car. You can still get a Bertone, you just need to find it. It still has the original 13c that I think was replaced or rebuilt at some point cause theres no play.

Looks good. Did all Bertones get that stitched leather steering wheel? Would be a nice upgrade from the factory 740 rubber one.

Thanks. I think they all did. I like it cause its not loosely goose lick the rubber ones.

nice ride.:cool:

Thanks.

Back