• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Street Car

Thanks guys.

The blow off valve tube is 6082. Not sure what the charge pipe is.

Let me know what seller you used. That last stuff I got was supposed to be 6061 but was not, and it had some sort of coating on it that made the inside of the pipe sticky.

Then I got some mandrel-bends.com and it was fantastic.:nod: But a lot more money of course.

I think Alex ordered it way back. Nothing shows up in my eBay history. I'll ask him later.

iirc I remember someone mention getting clear anodized piping from eBay. We did inter cooler piping for a buddies e30 and had no problems welding that.

Are you running a Billet crank sprocket? If so is it a Knox unit or homemade? I am thinking about making my own if the Knox ones are depleted.

Starting to get the ball rolling on the harness. Almost done with the schematic for the ECU and fuse panel side.

Gutted one of the relays to make a tachometer driver.
photo%25201.JPG

I potted the circuit with DP270 and bonded the case back on with DP100.
photo%25202.JPG

Now all I need to do is hook up 12V, ground, the VEMS tach signal, and the stock tach to each of the four legs. Keeps it simple and clean.

:omg:

You guys are so cool. I hope you're doing something truly amazing at your workplace. Using your unmatched skills purely for Volvo building would be awesomely tragic!

:omg:

You guys are so cool. I hope you're doing something truly amazing at your workplace. Using your unmatched skills purely for Volvo building would be awesomely tragic!

Thanks! I'm an Electrical Engineer at Boston Dynamics. Keeps me busy. :) http://www.youtube.com/user/BostonDynamics

Nice stack of dimes there buddy!

Looking forward to hear how that blowoff valve sounds!:)
And the welds look amazing!Keep on going

Thanks guys!

Mocked up some wheels. Naos 16x7. I forget the ET, but they're mounted with 40mm spacers. I'm pretty happy with the rear ride height. I think I'll just bring the front end down to even it up a bit.

photo%25201.JPG

Downpipe is done. It's been welded, but I only have a pic of it tacked up. I need to bring it down to 3", stick a v-band on the end, and then I can run the rest of the exhaust.

photo%25203.JPG

Radiator hoses are also figured out. I need to modify the thermostat housing a little bit to clear the alternator, but that should be a quick job.

Back