• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

403 Forbidden Error

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
Just what it says...yes, cookies are enabled, and I have emptied the cache and other browsing data. I can reply just fine, but sending new ones is a no-go.

gotten a 403 multiple times while editing posts with

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Trying to edit my for sale with a large section of pictures and words and prices and things and I get 403'd

perfect... i needed someone who was getting 403 forbidden that knows something about computers. I get 403 when i turn on "hide tether" form my jailbroken phone connection on my laptop... every other computer/network connection im good. Are you using anything special like a proxy or ip spoofing? Is it only when you try to edit a thread with particular URL's or Images in it? Shoot me a link too - i wanna try.

The host had some DoS attack i think and they changed something. I opened a ticket with them but its been kinda slow going since i cant reproduce it on a PC. For me its anything *.turbobricks.* as well as the hosts website eleven2.com which to me, indicates that its on the front end of their network (firewall or DNS server)

Just got the same error while trying to submit a post with *only* text. No links, no images. Something to do with how many characters as well? Short words and replies seem to post just fine.

I get this error as well. I was trying to edit my for sale thread and create a new for sale thread, got this error every time. I even tried using the computer at my work and still got the same thing.

403...dammit....I'm NOT the "computer guy" to sort this..I do CAN BUS just fine
(because it makes SENSE!)...this sort of "problem" is what makes me wanna
puke..sheeesh..it takes me a bit of time to "type in and check" a learned response
to queries on the forum and when I get it done and hit "submit" the post is "403'd"
and often it DISAPPEARS (every once and awhile the "reply" will show up a few minutes
later after I've shrieked and cursed myself into lathered up state...)aarrggghhhh

I will NOT be "fussing w.MY COMPUTER" (a lot of well meaning assistance was offered
up when the "last go 'round" of LOGIN woes beset the forum)...I've had HUGE *fights*
with earthlink when I have "problems" with their "service" (literally HOURS worth of
having Rajneesh tell me to reboot / change settings / reload this and that / jump down
spin around pick a bale of cotton...etc...the last time I spent FIVE HOURS on the phone
and got NOWHERE...since earthlink uses TimeWarner CABLE to supply my high speed
they foisted me off on TimeWarner the next time I called...TWC did the same "dance around
YOUR computer" and I refused...the person I was talking with gave me a "tech line" for
TimeWarner and it is now the ONLY number I will call if stuff goes whacko on me - that
"tech center" is in South Carolina (just across the border form NC) and the max time
I've spent with them is 15 MINUTES - problems SOLVED or an admission that *THEY*
have a problem and will get back to me as soon as it is fixed - they get the FIX done WHILST I'm ONLINE w/them...(there *IS* some GOOD
customer service out there!!)

I'm NOT gonna fuss w/MY box..I'll wait until the server provider sorts it...at least I *know*
that EVENTUALLY the troubles will be resolved...

remember now: "Computers will make out lives EASIER and allow for fast communication
around the globe...the NEW frontier is all the information you could want at your fingertips..."

Last edited:
I keep getting this too I've tried to update my sale and build thread and keep getting a 403 error code, however if I post without an image link I have no issues. Its really annoying especially when I'm trying to sell stuff.

just read PM's and tried to get
"back to the forum" and got THIS:

" Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forums.turbobricks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

what'n'ell are they doing at the server farm??

I got the 403 last night when I was trying to edit my "Wanted" post.
I would get the error when I was trying to navigate to the thread from the link in "My Subscriptions". Happened about 4-5 times in a row.

When I went to the post on the forum directly, I had no issue getting to it.

Back