• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Stu Spencers 245

But whatever the reason, it had to get done. Now we have another car to haul bikes with. :)
And you can only complain about the elements so much right?

Nice. I <3 foresters, bikes fit in the back perfectly.

I only complain about the elements when the actively seek to kill me, i.e. when I'm working outside north of Fairbanks AK.

p.s. I'm jealous of your wagon-status. All the ones around here are snatched up in such a fast/violent manner. Any pics of the wagon in its entirety with those rimps?

Any pics of the wagon in its entirety with those rimps?

Not yet. Had the car on the ground long enough to check rear ride height, rubbage (of which there is none), and what looked like potential fitment issues upfront. But it never rolled out of the workshop.

There is an incline going into it/out of it. And with no front calipers at the time and no FI system (K-Jet was ripped out), I felt it best to resist a picture taking opportunity. ;-)

As for wagons, I really want to unload this E46 and get a 7 or 9 wagon. I got lucky on the 245. The Fozzy was dirt cheap and sold off by a guy that was scared of what the shop jockeys was telling him. It runs great and have done relatively little wrenching on it so far. More to come tho....

10945015_964665876898525_4379419463137760669_n.jpg

Fresh after rebuilding. That's one of Tryingbe's AGP T04E 50 trim kits.

Oh yeah....it's an anti-surge housing too. We'll see if that adds up to much.

And of course, the actuator rod is too short. Notice the other issue.

At the least the Ultimate WG is in the house, but it looks like another order to ATP is going out shortly. I'll tack that onto the order/budget from Yoshifab/Nuke.

10984555_978413348857111_3039242959476918099_o.jpg

Which actuator and bracket is that? I've been having trouble getting everything to line up on my t3/t4 with the ATP housing.

Here is the link to the actuator.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...de=tp&Product_Code=GRT-WGT-008&Category_Code=
GRT-WGT-008_450.jpg

Chose this because it's a 70 AR T04s style housing. It will line up perfectly, but just isn't long enough. But no worries... I'm going to order this.

Click on pic to go to ATP.

This is the bracket.

Pic is link.

Looks like a GT actuator being used on a TB03 frame?

I don't think that's a GT actuator in particular. This "was" a Turbonetics Super 60, but now with new compressor, shaft, 360 thrust, and turbine wheel (all balanced by G-Pop) in one of Tryingbe's AGP 50 trim T04e kits.

I meant the wastegate v-band housing. Probably should've just called it the ultimate wastegate. I ended up buying a random Kinugawa actuator with a bent rod on eBay. I don't know what it's actually for. It came with a slotted bracket and it lines up okay. Definitely long enough but the rod could be bent a little more. It's not way off but maybe 1/8".

I don't know exactly. 46 trim T04E is all I know about it. I could get more specs on the comp wheel but I don't know anything else about the housing.

I just pushed the rod up onto the flapper arm. It's not very far off and my research revealed that it should be fine as long as nothing is binding.

Well.... Finally back at it. Crazy projects at work and snow brought things to a halt for a bit there. I have been trying to sort out some things. Longer exhaust housing studs to fit the ATG ultimate gate with but Fastenal has a solution for me on that.

Here's one question however.... Did Volvo use more then one stud size on turbo manifolds? Are those for use with Mitsu's smaller diameter then Garrets? I have two 90+ manifolds with differing stud sizes. One fits T3's perfectly. The other, the diameter is smaller so the holes in the housing are essentially too big.

Come to think of it, I may have an extra TD05 I can use to check.

Otherwise....

11169645_1012548945443551_1560281713846922189_o.jpg

Since I cut and rolled a portion of the fender well, it was time to re-seal it. Got that masked off and used some gnarly a55 3M stuff. Pure stank but it looks like it's going to do the job well.

11200962_1012549362110176_4686232682473956264_o.jpg

Adjusting the ride height. After getting the rear suspension zipped up, I put the car back on the ground and it was still sitting too low in the rear. I'm actually after a little rake as opposed to the car looking like it's dragging it's ass.

When I get back into, the sealer should be dry. I'll sway sides and repeat. :nod: The I'll finally finish rebuilding the front passenger side caliper. Hopefully Fastenal will have my order by then.

Last question: Anyone have any experience with the Chinese billet fuel rails for B230's?

On ebay.

I don't know anything about those fuel rails but Nathan's rails are not much, if any, more than that one and are tried and true. Yoshifab sells the Nuke ones I think.

Edit: This is from a few years ago but there's a GB happening right now, unless he closed it already.

Pricing. Up to 10 of either.
85.00 for a ready to bolt on with -6 fittings each end for a non fpr rail.
105.00 for -6 inlet and all the goodies to bolt your factory Volvo fpr on.

if more than 10
prices will drop 5$
so 80 for -6 only
100 for fpr style.

You can buy the correct studs to fit the wastgate housing to the turbo directly from ATP.

As for the 90+, stock studs are M8. Drilling and tapping to M10 is a common mod.

I don't know anything about those fuel rails but Nathan's rails are not much, if any, more than that one and are tried and true. Yoshifab sells the Nuke ones I think.

Edit: This is from a few years ago but there's a GB happening right now, unless he closed it already.

Yeah.... I sent Nathan a message on that but he seems a pretty busy chap. Those Nuke rails are bloody expensive as well. For what I could end up spending on the FI system I could buy another SF5 Fozzy!

Back