• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New player in the standalone EMS game

so... limited funds available for shenanigans (that's cool, no shade)
wants....throw in with something unsupported by the community it's based on. (there's the shade)

that is turbobrick logic right there. "I'm on a budget so I can't really afford to do it right, but I could probably afford to do it again more than once"

Kenny, I've deleted most of your post as a quote not because I think it wasn't relevant, but because I think I've saved the most relevant bit.

You're absolutely right in what you said (and despite our rare run-ins in the last 12 years I do greatly respect your opinions) and I'm going to have a long think about this and maybe concentrate the currently available funds towards getting this BMW 330i 6 speed I've bought (no stupidly low diesel 1st gear for me) mated to a 960 auto or M56 bellhousing before worrying about soldering together an EMS with my fat mechanic's fingers. At least that way I can get my engine and gearbox mounted and then have a hundred different jobs to do whist I'm saving up for my EMS!

Then I saw "Alberta"...:oops:

At first I wondered what John V was doing in a part of a forum he has no knowledge or business in. Then I saw this gem further proving my point of the less intelligent.

John, how does it feel to always look stupid, have half the forum point it out to you, and try to deflect your inadequacies on others?

Last edited:
Looks like a tidy little box.

I never liked the Megasquirt licensing personally. B&G may have started the project and done a lot of work but countless other people have contributed and to restrict the firmware to boards they sell under the guise of quality control goes against the spirit of that sort of DIY project. I built the MegaSquirt that's in my 242 from a bare board back when there weren't many other ways to do it, the hardware is fairly heavily modified as new features were implemented though technically it's still one of their early boards. I'd prefer the whole thing was open source, it would open the door to all sorts of innovation and nifty form factors and variants.

At first I wondered what John V was doing in a part of a forum he has no knowledge or business in. Then I saw this gem further proving my point of the less intelligent.

John, how does it feel to always look stupid, have half the forum point it out to you, and try to deflect your inadequacies on others?

How does it feell blah blah..I don't know, over half the forum doesn't point it out.
Only a few complete *******s complainers complain..
People that contribute zero of value either in planning or execution or humor or anything..
Like you..
What is it about Alberta that breed such contemptible people like you who think they are THE smartest?

It's no wonder the rest of the whole country despises Alberta.

Now, get the f8ck off my friend's thread since you are doing nothing except insulting---as usual.

Have just bought a Speeduino board, so am going to have a go with that. According to the forums it's easily adapted to give 5 spark outputs.

Back