• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rotary powered 242

M.H. Yount

Maybe old news, but I just saw it for the first time -- this is one an RX7 forum. I searched around TB but couldn't find a thread or link.

Guy is MAKING HIS OWN 4-rotor rotary - going in a fully fabbed frame/suspension/etc. being put under a 142 body. Fab is seriously amazing. Probably the Buchka Bros under assumed names.....28 pages but worth of look. Lots of machining eye candy.

http://www.rx7club.com/old-school-other-rotary-63/tegheim-home-made-4-rotor-wolvo-project-892879/

Last edited:
:drool:

tumblr_m8ufmgWqVb1rumun7o2_400.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying body - there's not much of it to be seen. Another tease - yes - it appears he's making the entire engine from scratch - here at the rotors coming along nicely...

IMAG1057.jpg

Last edited:
ok, this is amazing, the car is amazing, sweeds are insane, i love this... but... wtf, why rotary?

Impressive! But I once owned a Turbo II RX7 and that motor sucked big time... It consumed oil like crazy and clogged the cats in less than 2000 kms. If Mazda's engineers couldn't get it right and this guy can he's got to be one skilled fabricator!!

hahaha, catalytic converters are for hippies!

I have a FC3S I'm in the process of resto-modding right now. The engines are great in them. A dime a dozen and when taken care of properly are very powerful. Mine is a simple side draft weber with a small shot of n20. Off the gas it should be around 200whp and the car weighs in around 2100lbs with everything we've done to it.

im there, and its all amazing.

i have a basic understanding of what he is doing, but the majority is right over my head.

but god do i love reading

Freaking amazing! I need to learn how to "properly" disassemble a car first then put it back together "properly" before I can conceive of half the thought train this guy has.

Back