• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LaSSiss - 1981 242DL

LaSSiss

Hi,

I want to make a small thread about my car. I look at this as an opportunity to improve my English and share my Volvo project. The car, a 1981 242 DL I bought in Sweden spring 2015, Only 1 owner before me.

Since I picked up the car in Sweden, it had to pas customs and registered in Norway. It also had to be controlled

I got it registered and started modifying

Motor, A B21a is not exactly exciting. This of course had to be replaced in favor of a turbo engine

What's happening first? Well, I'm stopped at technical control and they're not happy when the car is not approved with the modifications

I knew I was not completely satisfied with the appearance of the car. Something had to be done

Last edited:
I bought an armrest from here, as these were not delivered in Norway

I met a good friend who has lived a few years in Portland Oregon. He brought a car home to Norway

I bought one set of Silver Gray Compomotive, thought these were much better on my car.

The car was re-approved and approved with all modifications.

We went to a local volvo meeting

I went to buy this engine. It was a little too wild for me so I had to change it a lot, i'll come back to that

Seats had to go. New fabric

Me and my friend went on a holiday trip with our cars. We have a beautiful country

The engine will depart for more modification and dyno

Stock B204 parts and custom adapter for external wg

Link Engine management

Homemade fuelrail

Ready for Dyno

With larger engine comes bigger brakes

And i had to buy new rims, again... :p 9x18'' Compomotive's

Engine is beeing mounted

Transmission is beeing mounted. A ZF GS637DZ Paired with a M90 bellhouse

Engine is running :)

A comparison picture from when I bought the car and now

Car is ready for dry roads and lots of fun

Thanks for sharing! The first wheels are my favorites. I love that dish. Maybe they aren't as wide as the compomotives? I'm sure you need all the help from wide tires to put that power down.

Ive fallen in love. Go back with the ocean wheels and it will be perfect

The Ocean rim is so common here. Allmost every 2/7 or 940 got it.

Thanks for sharing! The first wheels are my favorites. I love that dish. Maybe they aren't as wide as the compomotives? I'm sure you need all the help from wide tires to put that power down.

Yes i agree about the deep dish, but the rim is to common here, and the rims dont fit because of the big brakes that ive got. :) The ocean rim is 8,5x18 ET 6. New Compomotive is 9x18 ET15, motorsport wheels so i have good clearence for brakes

Yesterday there was sun and the roads dried up, so i had to take a ride with the car. They use so much salt here in winter so i dont want to drive to much in it.

As I get older I embrace the beige/warm colors. Is your car color 146? Can't quite read the ID plate.
Looks like a good solid car. I always liked the brown salt/pepper tweed interior in the 82/83 cars here.
I had one wagon with it in blue with a B21A. Talk about slow.

Last edited:
Back