• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 97 850r transmission weirdness

volvoboy90

sanna kärlek är svensk
Good evening, all. I am posting this in relation to my friend's 97 850r automatic 4 speed transmission. Currently having a problem with a come and go lump-home mode. Only code is 4th gear ratio incorrect. This is a code that has been there for a while, and the transmission was happily shifting through the remaining 3 gears. The most immediate thing that occurred was the car overheated. (no warpage, or headgasket problem) and it has been doing it since. Did a transmission flush about 4 months ago, and had to do it again because the fluid was really black and smelled burnt. Just trying to figure out what might be going on.

Once you start seeing gear ratio codes and black fluid it's usually curtains for the trans. Have you ruled out the PNP switch?

Haven't ruled out the PNP switch, I know before we did the initial flush that the trans was hitting real heard into reverse. After the flush, it smoothed out though. I figured that it was probably the transmission was toast, I was just wanting a second opinion, or more of an idea of what may be going on.

Back