• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 idle speed

700newb

Kind of a dumb question, but Ive seen a lot of different opinions so Im looking to see what the popular consensus is.
Whats everybodys idle speed? Any chance yall want to post a picture of what it looks like? Worried mine is too low, hovers just above the little line between 0 and 1k, so I am thinkin around 500.

91' 740 turbo with mitsu 16g BIG
90' 760 turbo stock---this is the one with low idle(or maybe not low)

normally(A/C off):
550+-50 in (R/D/OD/2/1)
750+-50 in (P/N)

Right now battling high rpm problems so add 200-300 to each

Yep, 750 is pretty normal. Mine's up around 900-1000, because I have a lightweight flywheel and get mad vibration and gearbox rattle if I go lower.

Yep, 750 is pretty normal. Mine's up around 900-1000, because I have a lightweight flywheel and get mad vibration and gearbox rattle if I go lower.
Interesting, I might have to try that sometime. I get lots of rattle after the car warms up, sometimes its annoying enough that I keep my foot on the pedal just a little bit to pretend for a brief moment its not a 28 year old hunk, and then I remember buying a 28 year old hunk was my idea, and I love my 28 year old hunk. One day Ill have a garage and all the snap on tools I can get my greasy hands on and Ill give her the love she needs.

Back