• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b23 + side webers, what cam to use ?

Jack

junkman
got a high compression B23 bottom end
530 ported turbo head
pair of 45s webers

what cam should I be using

what I has at home but would get something else if needed
- ipd turbo cam
- M:oogle: cam
- T
- B

Enem k13 and throw the Weber?s in the garbage. Buy some jenvey itbs and don?t look back.

Of the cams you have the B is nearest to a working cam. Of factory cams the H would be ok but there are many after market cams out there that would do more for you. What was the reason for little 45's?

45s should be fine with a 37-40mm choke, especially if you’re not going to be spinning to orbit.
Compression is kinda low for a super aggressive cam, but I agree with Ashers cam recommendation.
The Timo’s Motors 13.1 cam seems to be pretty solid as well.
https://www.timosmotor.com/kamaxlar

You need a rubber cam. The faster it spins the higher the lift and duration.

I'd look for a V cam if you are wanting a factory cam. The K would be good as well.
Aftermarket there are lots of great choices. A V16 n/a from enem would be a good one.

Like mentioned above, the B is the closest match for what you have. A larger cam would be better; but you’ll also want higher compression. The 45s are smaller for really good power, but with a B cam, a “ported 530”(by who; how good are they and it?), and stock compression(assuming stock headgasket and the head hasn’t been shaved any), it’s likely an ok match. Except you want more cam... You could maybe get between 120-140whp depending on everything. Maybe more with more compression and a larger camshaft.

Most importantly, is this a race car or street car? With the DCOEs, I take it no emissions testing will be required?

Back