• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbocharger alternative

pathfinder

Hi

It's year 2007, S60 T5. Tuned ecu. Around 310bhp and 420nm now. 3" turbo downpipe, sport cat and cat back is 2.5" . Fmic. Engine oil cooler. ATF cooler, K&N air filter

The K24 turbo is dead

Been thinking to service + repair kit for the K24. Also thinking of using TD04 family . If to choose TD04, which one is the best for 300bhp/400nm ?

Im not familiar with TD04 performance, sorry. But i think TD04 are robust.

20T or 21T or 22T ?

Anyway in terms of design, efficiency and responsive ... K24 vs TD04- 20T/ 21T / 22T , which one is better?

Or better to repair the K24 and use it back?

Advise please . Thank you

Supposedly the 22t is good for 450 bhp with supporting mods but I've never looked into that much. I suppose the easiest/cheapest option is to rebuild the k24. Swapping to a different turbo will require changing oil/water lines which you may or may want to do.

Rebuilding k24 would be a good idea for 2 reasons. Trying to adapt to go back to the td04 would be more costly and time consuming. And the K24 is is a good turbo. You could even do a hybrid k24/k26, new billet wheels and that will give you plenty of turbo for more power.

Back