• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Replacement power window regulator doesn't work so well

MalibuLX3

I replaced my front drivers side power window regular last year with one of the aftermarket ones, I think the brand was PIMAX. It worked great at first, and then slowly started to work less and less well over the last year that I've had it. At first, it was just during the winter that it was slow to roll up, and get stuck halfway up and need some help. And from there, it continued to get worse and worse. It thought it would get better when the weather warmed up, but it hasn't. Now I don't even roll my window down because I don't feel like dealing with it. :roll:

I don't want to put in another aftermarket replacement, and be in this same situation 1 year from now. I'm thinking about looking for a used OEM part, as all other window regulators are still original and working just fine. I've also tried switching the switches around to see if there was a problem there, but no luck.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what else I should check out before I find another replacement?

Back