• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jonny P's 242 GT Turbo project

Cool project, will be following your updates:)

Ditto my friend.

Small update. Up until now the car would stay either in the body shop or in the car port beside the body shop. This resulted in lots of overspray, dust, and dings from other jobs/people. The last thing I need is more work! So I've now moved the car to the house garage which is on the same property and now I can keep it clean and safe. I rigged up this little tow bar to bring it back forth when working on it. I recycled some pieces from the rotisserie and some bed rail. At first I tried to hook it up to a lawn tractor but it couldn't make it up the hill. So I bought a coupler and now I can tow it with a trailer hitch.

IMG_2292.jpg

I've been bad for not taking pictures because of a combination of absent mindedness and just the fact that not a lot of interesting stuff is happening at the moment.

Earlier I painted some white gloss paint on the fender in order to see the shape better through the reflections in the gloss. This was not a good Idea. The primer I put on after caused it to lift in a few little spots. Could have been a lot worse. So i did a quick repair on that.

IMG_2294.jpg

Later I realized a much better way is to just prime it, then wet sand the primer.

Here it is afterwords:

IMG_2295.jpg

Fixing a few things on the front fender and getting dangerously close to the stripes.

IMG_2296.jpg

Also here's what the gauges look like in the dash.

2012-09-19150523_zps4e392eda.jpg

2012-09-19150536_zps9f28750e.jpg

Hey 242nd post!

Edit: In honor of the 242nd post I figure I better have something a little more substantial. I wasn't going to post this one because it was put together in a sloppy way but it does give a nice idea of what the spoiler and grill and everything will look like when its done. The picture doesn't show how nice the paint is on the grill.

2012-10-08124655.jpg

Last edited:
This thread always make me jealous, and makes me want to work on my GT. Seeing this thing drive down the road has been a long over due!

Looks good!! Really inspiring work on the arches!! I know that i will need to do a similar thingie on mines, whenever i want to put some bigger wheels on..

Keep up the good work man! ;)

Adam

Love the front of that car... tree tucked bumper and air dam looks amazeballs.

Thanks! I can't wait to see it with the brand new lights.

Seeing this thing drive down the road has been a long over due!

Agreed

Super cool car. When you finish this I need to send you mine for some bodywork. ;-)

Lets just trade cars. You put mine back together, I'll do the body work on yours.

Really inspiring work on the arches!! I know that i will need to do a similar thingie on mines, whenever i want to put some bigger wheels on..

If i were to do it again, I would make a jig to stretch the replacement panels before attaching them to the car.

Hey 242nd post!

Edit: In honor of the 242nd post I figure I better have something a little more substantial. I wasn't going to post this one because it was put together in a sloppy way but it does give a nice idea of what the spoiler and grill and everything will look like when its done. The picture doesn't show how nice the paint is on the grill.

2012-10-08124655.jpg

Love that lowered spoiler! Planning on doing that, but I'm worried about curbs even with stock height. :-P

Just ran through 10 pages, really nice work! :nod:
I want to see this car finished!

Love that lowered spoiler! Planning on doing that, but I'm worried about curbs even with stock height. :-P

Just ran through 10 pages, really nice work! :nod:
I want to see this car finished!

Thanks! The spoiler should only be 1.5 - 2 inches lower. I'll have to see the curb situation when it's done. Back a few pages there's a link to a seperate thread for the spoiler with more detailed pictures if you want to see what was done.

I would like to see it done more than anybody but unforutuantly, I don't have the time to work on it right now and its in storage for the winter. I did manage to find a gas tank for it so thats good at least. The gas tank was the last major piece that was missing.

Back