• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

An Unofficial Invitation

tiredoldtommy

An Unofficial Invitation - Oct 24, 25

I'd like to invite any and all TBrickers to come and enjoy the beauty and grandeur of the mountains of Southeastern Oklahoma.

The Talihina Chamber of Commerce will be putting on the annual Fall Foliage Festival the last weekend of October. Attractions will include live music, food and craft booths, and a pretty damn nice car show (if the last few years are any indication).

The major attraction will be the Talimena Drive Scenic Byway in (hopefully) full fall colors. The drive runs from Talihina, OK to Mena AR, and is a truly beautiful motoring experience even when the predominate color is green.

The area also offers many excellent opportunities for fishing, hiking, boating, camping, eating and drinking.

All you Tulsa area guys are only about 140 miles away, and we're only a little further than that from Dallas or OKC.

If anyone wants to enter the car show, I can find out how to do that.

Anybody up for it?

I will personally buy at least one adult beverage for any adult TBricker who shows up.

Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting idea. I've been meaning to do this drive for a while now. Seems like a wonderful time. Is this on the 31st or the 24th??

What does it take to get a car in the show? I've already started prepping my 244, I don't think my 142 would be happy and make it

I'm not sure what's involved in entering the show, but I'll call the Chamber of Commerce Monday morning. If they don't know, I'm sure they can put me in touch with whoever's in charge of that.

The show is put on by a semi-local car club. I'll find out who they are and let you know as soon as I find out.

It'd be great to have a turbobrick or two in attendance. My stuff is not yet show-quality.

My 244 isn't really show quality either, but I guess since I'm driving out there and it's a show I could enter my car for my first car show since it's so far away none of my close friends would make fun of me lol

Oh woops, reading comprehension fail. :doh: "Last week of October" I could still make it though!

Edit: Oh no! There is a Central Texas meet that week. Ugh! Choices choices...

I wouldn't worry too much about being "show quality". The last couple of years there have been some real "works in progress" and some serious rat rods among the fancy hot rods and restored classics. I just figure everybody in this town has seen my cars by now.

We got some seriously spectacular scenery and some twisty mountain roads up here in the Choctaw Nation, but I'm sure central Texas is nice in it's own way.

I don't know, you said you're coming and Spencer said it sounded like a good idea. So far that makes 1 yes and 1 maybe.

The car show runs both days as far as I can tell from the TCC website, so whatever works for you. Try to round up some of the Dallas and Tulsa guys if you can.

It'll be good to meet you. I hope some of the other guys make down, too. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back about entering the car show.

I finally got in touch with the guy who's running the car show at this event. The show is only on the 24th (Saturday) from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Registration is from 8:00am to 11:00am and all you have to do is show up between 8 & 11 and pay $15.00. There are door prizes for early entries.

It'd be great to show these rednecks what a real cars look like. Come on, guys it'll be fun!

Tempting.... I am ready to get out and show the 242 one more time before it goes under the knife for the engine swap. Let me see what I can do and maybe gather a few of us Dallas guys for this.
Thanks for posting this!

Yeah, I might even get my detail guy to polish the 242 turd and put it in the show, too. I'd love to see a row of Volvos.

One way or another, we can have some good bbq and beverages.

Back