Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here
Thank you for being a part of our community!
15 x 7 Can-am race rims, were the old performance moulds, but they were redone with modified inner lips so I can bounce off the kerbs on the track ( not bloody likely)nice work. Are those mini lites?, 1980?...added
Roll the fender well lips before you paint.
Shame about the taillights, the 5 panels are much more reliable.
What body colors do you like if not silver?
32: BigBossMan813: 1980:Out of approx 22,000 242s, how many were GTs?
Numbers by country would be cool...
Canada: TB count - 5 (estimated 200 in black)
US: TB count - 16
Australia: TB count - 6 (338 registered in Aus - according to Volvo club of Victoria)
NZ: TB count - 4 (8 in total)
Who cares? Well they are climbing in value over here, especially coz we got B23 with H cam and there are'nt many left. No other 242s ever made it here.
Anyway, thought this may be of interest to others with a GT. Post your chassis number, country and pics here and I will update the list.
***OFFICIAL TB 242 GT REGISTER***
1. pimmboy: 1980 Chassis# 2428A1185739 - New Zealand
2. Two245Turbos: 1978 Chassis# - Puyallup ,WA USA
3. (non member): 1980 Chassis# 2428A1178784 - NZ
4. (non member): 1980 Chassis# 2428A1185793 - NZ
5. (non member): 1980 Chassis# 2428A1184120 - NZ
6. Somerfield: 1980 Chassis# 2428a1183860 - Perth, Western Australia
7. Matthew P Dionne: 1978 - USA
8. GT Jordan: 1979 Chassis#? - Edmonton, Ab, Canada
9. GT Jordan: 1980 Chassis#? - Edmonton, Ab, Canada
10. Tuff240: Chassis# VC24245M1143229 - Central California USA
11. BRAD_242GT: 1979 Chassis#? : 2428m1152066(?) - Adelaide, South Australia
12. goldbrixx: 1980 Chassis# VC24245A1178516 - East Coast, USA
13. 77volvo245: 1979 Chassis#? - Oregon, USA
14. RP80242GT+T: 1980 Chassis#? - Cape Coral, Florida, USA
15. alreadyupsidedown: 1980 Chassis#? - Oakville, Ont, Canada
16. (non member, sold by serk): Chassis/VIN - 2428A1184941 - Brisbane, Australia
17. cris: 1978 Chassis/VIN - VC242245L1126125 - Colorado, USA
18. Joeaksa: 1978 Chassis/VIN# VC 242 45L 112 9201 - Phoeniz, Az, USA
19. gcrv: 1980 Chassis/VIN# VC24245A1181333 - Maidens, VA, USA
20. gcrv: 1978 Chassis/VIN# VC24245L1137648 - Maidens, VA, USA
21. Bready: 1980: Chassis/VIN# VC24245A1169281 - USA
22. Sea_bass: 1980: Chassis/VIN#? - Virginia Beach, USA
23. justlie: 1980: Chassis/VIN# VC24245A1178573 - Chicago, IL, USA
24. smashed 54: (year?): VC24245A3182471 - Port Royal, NS, Canada
25. Jack: 1980: Chassis/VIN# VC24245a1168028 - Oroville, Ca, USA
28: Prime 240: 1980: Chassis: VC24245A3184640 - Canada
26: Miah: 1979: Chassis:
27: Tex: 1980: Chassis: VC24245A1186875
28: Runt262: 1980; Chassis: VIN: 24241A3186360 - Canada
29: bgpzfm142: 1979; Chassis: VIN: 2428M1161223 - Australia
30: tbro: VIN: 2428A1185126 - Australia
31: Peterwgpa: VIN: 2428M1159483 - Australia (the original Bathurst 242GT)
I have a nice rust free 1978 242GT from California. I had it shipped up last year and I finally got it running today . It needs some TLC, but the body is solid. The VIN number is 133728.
Thanks for creating this registry. Sad to see how many have been crushed...
1978 GT VC24245L1137675
Scrapped, don't know if anyone wanted to know for the total count of if someone was looking for that chassis code.
benson0021: 1979: Chassis/VIN# VC24245M1155429 - California, USA