Pulled the trans again in the hopes of figuring out my problems. I suspect the input shaft isn't slowing down due to runout in the bellhousing. I will be checking all of that as well as getting a far superior clutch setup than the amazon units I have been using
. When I had the t56 upgraded I changed from a full face disk to a 6 puck. I just slapped it in to make a track day and the "break-in" was about 100mi. Clearly the clutch never had a chance to bed in properly but she never slipped lol. Anyways it is hard to shift into gear when the engine is running, and reverse is almost impossible to get to. The trans shifted fine before I pulled the engine for the build, but I didn't check for runout because none of those parts changed. And here we are.
I am looking at the Tilton twin disc or maybe the Mantic unit. Either way I will be getting the Tilton release bearing for adjustability. Oh and I shaved almost 2lbs off the trans by deleting the CAGS and Reverse lockout solenoids. $60 shipped for both and the reverse lockout plug came with a softer spring if you are equally as soft
. The stiff spring is at least half as stiff as the solenoid so you don't have to two hand the shifter to force through it. Once the trans is back in I will finish the brake upgrade I will upgrade the rear suspension to poly bushings where I don't already have heim joints