Got a little bit done this weekend. I started by putting new bands in the front seats. I was worried about doing this but it was really really easy. The backs were a little more difficult because you have to remove the upholstery but it really wasn't that bad. I thought about using elastic since VP lists the bands for so much, but I was able to find Pirelli rubber bands by the foot on ebay for a reasonable price.
One thing to note, the bottoms are 2" wide bands, but the backs are 1.5" wide. I wasn't able to find the smaller stuff, so I just cut the 2" to size with a razor blade and it worked out well. I still want to install some headrests I have but that'll have to wait for another day. The seats are really comfortable now, I don't think I've ever sat in one that wasn't sagging.
I worked on the radiator fitment a little too. I cut the upper support to fit, its about 90% there now. I also installed the flex-a-lite fan made for the scirocco style radiators, it worked out really nice.
I started getting the rear cleaned up and placed for the 4-link also. It took forever to get the brackets off, but I did it. I'll have to get different gears though, this p1800 rear was out of a manual car, and they have a 4.30 rear gear.
Worked on setting the ride height too. My wheels still have not come in, but I found a FWD wheel lying around that was the right diameter. This isn't going to be the rolling height, but when the car is parked it'll more or less sit there.
I'm happy with it, and that's a good thing because the rear hits the frame rails, and the trunk floor.
It'll be fine with some bump stops, driving height will be a solid 2-3" higher.
I had to cut the floor under the seat some just to get it that close. The wagons have plenty of room there luckily, so I don't think it'll be too big of a deal.
Hopefully the next step is welding in the 4-link. I have to make frame brackets for the lower trailing arms but I think the rest will work aside from some arm shortening.