• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15t Vs 16t

850T has a 15g, 16t is the other one, no 15t on any volvo iirc.

the g wheel is better, IIRC the 16t flows 7cfm more than a 15g.

do a search, this has been discussed multiple times.

the 15g has a good chance of having a conical exhaust housing, while all 16ts come with the flat outlets

Some 16t's have angled outlets. Usable on a RWD car, but the pipe just starts off going slightly the wrong direction.

buy whatever is cheaper.

and the 15g bolts to the stock downpipe... which is a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you want.

they are both great upgrades but in the end they are both too small if you start pushing things.

a 94-95 turbo will bolt to the stock downpipe ... if you can find a 16t cheap get it as then you only need to source the conical turbine housing for a TD04HL turbo and you can just swap that on and run it

Ok, i can see its a 15G turbo now :)

But why is it that the 15G wheel is better than the 16T?? The 850R is newer than a 850 T5, and i thought it has improvement then?

I got a very cheap 16T on my hands, and the turbine housing is no problem because i got the angled big one with a 3" outlet from a V70R on my 15G turbo now. See the link: http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=88003&ipc=276354

And the downpipe as you can see is custom made to that turbine house, so no problem in that :)

Will i gain any power by the 16T on my 225 hp stock T5 engine? Mixed with the angled big turbine house of course?

Regards Morten

thelostartof (mike) is the expert on this, i only reference the 15g wheel as being better because he said it was and i trust that.. i don't know mitsu's too well and i am sure mike can chime in here and explain it to ya.

the difference is minimal. I am prob one of the few here that have done a bunch of testing / miles with different turbos of the same series. in my eyes, the 16t is better for 10-14psi and that's it, if you are pushing the turbo to the limits the G series wheel is better

Ok, i guess it might be the 15G that would be the best because i run about 17 PSI with that one right now.

But would the 16T aint give more power than the 15G?
And what is the difference between them? A quicker spool up time or??

Regards Morten

the 16t is more efficient in the -low-mid range. while the 15g has a bit more map for the top end/peak. cfm flow wise most map them out to around 7cfm difference.

personally I liked my car more with the 15g on it then i did with the 16t.

and I found that the 15g actually spooled quicker( G series wheel is a better design)

Ok, so its up to myself wich one of them i want to drive with. Both have some good and bad things.
I can of course always try wich one of them i like most.

I don't know if it matters but my setup is:
3" downpipe
3" exhaust
No kat
Open airfilter
V70R turbine house
GLT-cams from a 170 hp NA (Very good)

Regards Morten

Back